- Key Skills for Senior English – Area of Study 2$17.95 – $36.95
- Key Skills for Senior English – Area of Study 1$23.95 – $44.95
- English Language for Senior Students: A Guide to Metalanguage$33.95 – $57.95
- English Year 12 2nd edition$33.95 – $59.95
Insight’s Argument & Persuasive Language provides comprehensive coverage of Area of Study 2 of the VCE English/EAL course and can be used from middle years and retained until Year 12. It covers the analysis of argument and of persuasive language in a variety of media texts, supported by stimulating activities that progressively develop students’ analytical skills.
- An integrated approach to the analysis of argument and persuasive language
- Clear and accessible explanations of all key knowledge, including metalanguage
- Engaging explanations, activities and practical support, including word banks, sentence starters and model sentences, showing students how to write analytically about argument and persuasive language in a holistic way
- Media texts of all types on a range of engaging and contemporary issues
- Guidelines and models for comparing argument and persuasive language in different media texts on the same issue
- Strategies and guidelines for presenting a point of view and writing a statement of intention
- High-level sample responses with annotations
- An exam practice chapter with sample exam scenarios.