- Guide to Writing: A student toolkit – Available Mid 2021$25.95 – $29.95
- VCE English SAC & Exam Guide$14.95 – $19.95
- English Year 12 2nd edition + Bonus digital book$33.95 – $44.95
- English Year 11 2nd edition + Bonus digital book$33.95 – $44.95
- Argument & Persuasive Language 2nd edition + Bonus digital book$24.95 – $34.95
To be released: Mid 2021
This second edition of the popular Key Skills for Senior English brings together the original Key Skills: Area of Study 1 and Key Skills: Area of Study 2 into one comprehensive and practical resource for Year 11 and Year 12 VCE English students.
CHANGES TO THE 2ND EDITION INCLUDE:
- A dynamic new design
- Updated text examples based on the 2022 VCE English/EAL Text List
- New examples, models and activities
- New annotated sample student responses
- All-new engaging persuasive texts on a variety of current issues.
Combining the informative benefits of a textbook with the practical applications of a workbook, Key Skills for Senior English 2nd edition builds students’ confidence and skills progressively, leading to stronger written and oral assessments in Units 1–4.
For Area of Study 1, accessible, carefully scaffolded exercises guide students through the process of producing well constructed and insightful responses to individual texts as well as to text pairs.
The Area of Study 2 section takes a step-by-step approach to developing students’ understanding of the ways in which persuasive language and argument techniques work together to present a point of view. This holistic approach to Area of Study 2 is supported by a wide range of all-new texts on engaging contemporary issues. This section also guides students in presenting their own point of view on an issue.
The exam chapter covers the requirements of the Year 12 VCE exam and the characteristics of high-scoring responses for each section, and includes top tips and advice from assessors.
THE BOOK FEATURES:
- Well-scaffolded activities and exercises to suit a range of abilities
- Step-by-step approaches to each outcome, including SAC and exam tasks
- Annotated sample responses with assessor comments.