WA Year 12 ATAR English Exam Practice
For Western Australia
Presenting more than 50 different exam-style questions and more than 100 supplementary activities, Insight’s WA Year 12 ATAR English Exam Practice for the Western Australian ATAR English course provides many opportunities for students to demonstrate, apply and hone their understanding of the ATAR English syllabus concepts, equipping them with the confidence and skills essential to exam success.
Each practice question is accompanied by three related activities with suggested working times of 10, 20 and 60 minutes. The activities cover such strategies as annotating unseen texts, decoding questions, planning within time constraints, writing thesis statements and identifying appropriate textual evidence. Shorter activities make ideal lesson warm-ups, consolidating learning and providing scope for differentiation, while longer activities provide invaluable timed practice for all examination sections.
Written by highly experienced educators and designed with the needs of both teachers and students in mind, this comprehensive and practical resource promotes independent practice both within and beyond the classroom.
The book features:
- Twenty different Comprehending questions based on a variety of text types, including visual and multimodal forms
- A range of stimulating Responding questions
- Composing questions that allow students to practise creating texts in imaginative, interpretive and persuasive forms
- Preparation strategies for each section of the exam
- Advice about time management in the exam
- Helpful hints for avoiding common misreadings, mistakes and pitfalls.