Jobs at Insight Publications
Insight Publications is an Australian-owned educational publishing company with more than 50 years’ of experience publishing English resources for secondary school teachers and students. We develop innovative, engaging and evolving English resources to challenge, to inspire and to enrich learning.
We’re in an exciting new phase of growth, and we’re currently looking for an experienced editor to join our dynamic team in the role of Senior Editor on a full-time basis.
About the role
The Senior Editor provides a high standard of editorial and project management services within the Publishing team. They oversee all aspects of a title’s development from manuscript submission through to publication, liaising with authors, editors and designers as well as with Insight’s Publishers and General Manager. They edit documents to a high standard and create a range of written material, from marketing copy to contributions to new titles.
Essential qualifications and skills
- Five or more years working in an editorial capacity for an educational publisher
- Master’s Degree in Publishing or related field preferred
- Experience managing projects and liaising with stakeholders
- Experience writing educational resources preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- High-level editing and proofreading skills
- Outstanding command of the English language and the conventions of writing and editing
- Willingness to take on any task to complete a project
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
Insight Publications believes that education is key to empowering young people across the globe. We’re a dynamic and friendly team with a great work culture who are passionate about what we do: developing engaging and evolving English resources that challenge and inspire.
To apply for the role, please forward your cover letter and CV to Robert Beardwood at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact him to find out more about the role.