EAL Year 12 – Units 3 & 4 – 2024 SD
Available: November 2023
Accessible and engaging, Insight’s new EAL Year 12: VCE Units 3 & 4 provides comprehensive coverage of the new VCE English/EAL Study Design, to be implemented at Year 12 in 2024. Developed by highly experienced EAL teachers and assessors, EAL Year 12: VCE Units 3 & 4 presents clear explanations of key concepts and step-by-step guidelines for completing assessment tasks in all areas of study.
Practical strategies for writing both analytically and creatively aid students to produce fluent and well-structured responses for all Outcomes in Units 3 and 4. Examples, models, and a wide variety of engaging individual and group activities are designed to scaffold and develop students’ listening, comprehension, analytical and expressive skills. Supplementary digital resources, accessible via QR codes, provide further opportunities for the consolidation and extension of these practical skills.
The book features:
- Guidelines and models for developing analytical responses to texts
- A comprehensive chapter on responding to audio and audiovisual material about the selected texts
- Detailed explorations of the four key ideas in the Framework of Ideas, and of the mentor texts associated with each
- Practical writing tips and tools to aid students in creating original texts in different forms
- Advice and models for analysing a range of stimulating media texts, including audio and audiovisual texts
- Annotated high-level sample student responses for all assessment tasks
- A bonus digital chapter (available in early 2024) presenting clear explanations of the requirements of the end-of-year exam and targeted advice for achieving strong results in each section
- A variety of bonus digital content, including video tutorials, consolidation and extension activities, and additional sample responses.