Year 11 English: Western Australia
Year 11 English: Western Australia is an engaging and practical guide to Units 1 and 2 of ATAR English. Written by experienced Western Australian teachers, it includes student-friendly explanations of the course’s key concepts, supported by annotated examples from a range of text types. Scaffolded sample responses assist students to develop successful analytical and comparative responses, as well as a range of creative texts.
A variety of activities and sample questions, supported by useful checklists and word banks, build skills progressively throughout the book so that students are supported in achieving success in Units 1 and 2, while developing a solid foundation for their studies in Year 12.
THE BOOK FEATURES:
- Concise explorations of course concepts, and activities to embed associated metalanguage
- Succinct text studies to illustrate key analytical skills and understandings
- Thematic case studies that explain and model creative approaches to knowledge and skill development
- Innovative strategies for developing analytical, imaginative, interpretive and persuasive responses
- Handy reference lists of common language features and generic conventions.