Literature: Western Australia
Available: May 2024
Literature: Western Australia is a comprehensive textbook for the ATAR Literature course. Written by highly experienced teachers and assessors, this book systematically covers the Literature course from Unit 1 through to Unit 4, introducing the central terms and concepts at each stage and consolidating understanding through numerous examples and targeted activities. It provides guidelines on both written and oral assessments and a thorough breakdown of the exam tasks.
Literature: Western Australia includes:
- All the essential knowledge for both Year 11 and Year 12 Literature
- Clear explanations of key concepts, reinforced by textual examples
- Annotated sample analyses that model metalanguage use and the application of analytical tools
- Guidelines for doing a close reading
- Numerous activities to build skills in writing and analysis
- A glossary and historical timeline for quick reference
- Guidelines for internal assessment tasks as well as the final exam.