English Language Year 12 – Units 3 & 4 – 2024 SD
Available: January 2024
Insight’s new English Language Year 12: VCE Units 3 & 4 provides comprehensive coverage of Units 3 and 4 of the VCE English Language Study Design, to be implemented in 2024. Each chapter provides clear and thorough explanations of key knowledge, supported by linguistic theory and contemporary examples.
Written by highly experienced English Language teachers and assessors, this title provides students with clarity and direction regarding the content and Outcomes for each area of study. A variety of engaging activities will assist students to prepare for assessment tasks and lay the critical foundations for success in the end-of-year exam.
This book features:
- Accessible and thorough coverage of the key knowledge for each of the Outcomes in the Study Design
- Activities designed to encourage the development of skills in identifying, describing and analysing features of formal and informal language in written and spoken texts
- Activities designed to encourage the development of skills in identifying, describing and analysing varieties of English in Australian society
- An exploration of attitudes towards these varieties of English, and of how language choices reflect and convey identity
- High-level sample answers, available online
- Links to further reading and resources.