English Language Year 11 – Units 1 & 2 – 2024 SD
Available: January 2024
Insight’s new English Language Year 11: VCE Units 1 & 2 provides comprehensive coverage of Units 1 and 2 of the VCE English Language Study Design, to be implemented in 2024. The book offers an accessible, engaging approach and includes clear explanations of linguistic theory supported by a range of evidence from historical and contemporary research, as well as a variety of stimulating individual and group activities.
Written by highly experienced English Language teachers and assessors, this resource supports students in developing the knowledge and skills necessary for success in English Language Units 1 and 2, while challenging them to think critically and extend their learning in an exciting course of study.
This book features:
- Clear definitions and explanations of key metalanguage and linguistic terms, as well as models for their use in analysis
- A range of sample texts and transcripts demonstrating the various features of language use
- Detailed advice on tackling linguistic fieldwork, both in and out of the classroom
- Student-driven activities accompanying each chapter, encouraging students to develop their understanding of the key knowledge and skills
- High-level sample answers, available online
- Links to further reading and resources.