- Guide to Writing: A student toolkit – Out Now$25.95 – $29.95
- Insight Issues: Junior Years$19.95 – $24.95
- English Year 11 2nd edition + Bonus digital book$33.95 – $44.95
- Argument & Persuasive Language 2nd edition + Bonus digital book$24.95 – $34.95
- Year 12 English: Western Australia$33.95 – $54.95
Aimed at students in Years 9 and 10, and providing excellent preparation for senior English studies, Insight Issues: For and Against focuses on understanding and analysing argument and persuasive language.
Each of the book’s eight units begins with two texts that present opposing points of view on an issue. A variety of exercises and activities develop students’ skills in writing analytically about argument and persuasive language, and in presenting their own point of view. Each unit focuses on a different aspect of persuasive texts and introduces metalanguage in an accessible and purposeful way.
- Eight work units, based on a range of stimulating and engaging persuasive texts
- Scaffolded activities and exercises designed to progressively develop analytical and writing skills
- Extension questions and activities
- One unit focused on presenting a point of view, drawing on knowledge and skills developed throughout the book.