Framework of Ideas – Writing about protest
Each title in the Insight Framework of Ideas series is a comprehensive guide to one of the key ideas in the new VCE English/EAL Framework of Ideas. They each explore the idea in detail, unpack the four set mentor texts and outline a variety of approaches to developing effective and cohesive written pieces in a range of forms.
Each book features:
- An overview of the key idea, exploring essential concepts and including a suggested list of supplementary texts
- Detailed discussion of the four set mentor texts, explaining how they engage with the key idea and highlighting the structural elements, language features and vocabulary that students might draw on in their own writing
- Suggestions for ways in which students might develop original texts in different forms, and for specific purposes and audiences
- Guidelines for writing a reflection on the writing process
- Annotated sample responses.