Year 12 English: Western Australia
Written by highly experienced Western Australian teachers for the current syllabus, Year 12 English: Western Australia is a comprehensive and practical guide to Units 3 and 4 of ATAR English. It includes detailed explanations of the course’s key concepts, as well as annotated sample responses that guide students to produce controlled and complex analytical, imaginative and comparative pieces.
A variety of activities and sample examination questions, supported by writing models, analytical structures and word banks, build skills progressively throughout the book so that students are engaged with the course concepts and well prepared for the final examination.
THE BOOK FEATURES:
- A fresh, engaging approach to the examinable course content
- Detailed explorations of course terminology, and activities to develop vocabulary and expression
- Concept-based case studies that explain and model creative approaches to new and popular texts
- Innovative strategies for developing analytical and imaginative responses
- A range of textual studies targeting key course concepts that guide students’ application of critical thinking skills
- An examination chapter that explores how the examination assesses the course, and includes techniques for preparation and performance.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Adam Kealley has been teaching for more than 20 years across the state, Catholic and independent sectors. He has been both a WACE Exam Marker and an Examiner for the ATAR course and has published resources for teachers and students of English.
Patricia Dowsett teaches English and Literature at St Hilda’s Anglican School for Girls, Perth. Currently AATE’s Commissioning Editor, she has presented conference papers and written and co-edited publications that explore English curriculum and subject histories.
Martin Guest studied American and English literature in the UK and the United States, and has been a teacher for more than 20 years. He is currently Assistant Head of English at Trinity College, Perth.
Maria White is an English teacher with more than 20 years of experience, most recently at St Hilda’s Anglican School for Girls, Perth. Maria has been a Head of Department for Senior English, as well as a Syllabus Auditor and WACE Exam Marker.