Year 12 English: Western Australia
Written by highly experienced Western Australian teachers for the current syllabus, Year 12 English: Western Australia is a comprehensive and practical guide to Units 3 and 4 of ATAR English. It includes detailed explanations of the course’s key concepts, as well as annotated sample responses that guide students to produce controlled and complex analytical, imaginative and comparative pieces.
A variety of activities and sample examination questions, supported by writing models, analytical structures and word banks, build skills progressively throughout the book so that students are engaged with the course concepts and well prepared for the final examination.
THE BOOK FEATURES:
- A fresh, engaging approach to the examinable course content
- Detailed explorations of course terminology, and activities to develop vocabulary and expression
- Concept-based case studies that explain and model creative approaches to new and popular texts
- Innovative strategies for developing analytical and imaginative responses
- A range of textual studies targeting key course concepts that guide students’ application of critical thinking skills
- An examination chapter that explores how the examination assesses the course, and includes techniques for preparation and performance.