Shop by category
Textbooks / Workbooks
Text Guides / Comparisons
Insight Text Guides
Insight Comparison Guide
Sample Essays / Text Article
Insight Sample Essays
Insight Text Articles
Insight Shakespeare Plays
Insight Practice Exams
EAL Listening Practice Collections
Year 12 English: Western Australia
The Year 12 English: Western Australia textbook features:
- A fresh, engaging approach to the examinable course content
- Detailed explorations of course terminology, and activities to develop vocabulary and expression
- Concept-based case studies that explain and model creative approaches to new and popular texts
- Innovative strategies for developing analytical and imaginative responses
- A range of textual studies targeting key course concepts that guide students’ application of critical thinking skills
- An examination chapter that explores how the examination assesses the course, and includes techniques for preparation and performance.
Year 11 English: Western Australia – To be released early 2021
The Year 11 English: Western Australia textbook features:
- Concise explorations of course concepts, and activities to embed associated metalanguage
- Succinct text studies to illustrate key analytical skills and understandings
- Thematic case studies that explain and model creative approaches to knowledge and skill development
- Innovative strategies for developing analytical, imaginative, interpretive and persuasive responses
- Handy reference lists of common language features and generic conventions.
WA Year 12 ATAR English Exam Practice
The ATAR English Exam Practice book features:
- Twenty different Comprehending questions based on a variety of text types, including visual and multimodal forms
- A range of stimulating Responding questions
- Composing questions that allow students to practise creating texts in imaginative, interpretive and persuasive forms
- Preparation strategies for each section of the exam
- Advice about time management in the exam
- Helpful hints for avoiding common misreadings, mistakes and pitfalls.
Literature Handbook – To be released in November 2020
The Literature Handbook features:
- Definitions of the main terms and techniques used by writers of novels, short stories, plays, poems and nonfiction, and by creators of films
- Hundreds of examples from a wide range of texts, including excerpts from prose fiction, drama and poetry
- Explanations of the features and conventions of a range of literary forms and styles, such as romanticism, realism, modernism and postmodernism
- Guidelines on how to write a close analysis of a passage or poem, and complete sample essays
- Models of critical approaches to literature, including an overview of the main literary theories
- A literary time line from ancient Greece to the present and a comprehensive glossary of literary terms for quick reference.
Insight Publications is an independent Australian-owned company with over 45 years of experience publishing English resources for secondary teachers and students. We develop innovative, engaging and evolving English resources to challenge, to inspire and to enrich learning.
In the spirit of reconciliation, Insight Publications acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.