Shop by category
Textbooks / Workbooks
Text Guides / Comparisons
Insight Text Guides
Insight Comparison Guide
Sample Essays / Text Article
Insight Sample Essays
Insight Text Articles
Insight Shakespeare Plays
Insight Practice Exams
EAL Listening Practice Collections
English Year 11 2nd edition + Bonus digital book
English Year 11 2nd edition features:
- Clear definitions and explanations for all key knowledge, including relevant metalanguage, supported by numerous examples and summary tables
- Numerous activities, word banks and targeted worksheets to build skills progressively
- Examples and sample essays based on popular Year 11 texts for Area of Study 1
- A wide range of media texts and issues for Area of Study 2
- Detailed guidelines, model paragraphs and annotated sample responses for all assessment tasks
- An exam chapter with revision tips for each Area of Study.
English Year 11 2nd edition Bonus Book features:
- Annotated sample essays on single texts and text pairs, including tips for analysing the topic and strategies for approaching the response
- Text articles on a range of texts and text pairs, including notes on the context and background, language, characters and themes
- Templates to aid with summarising texts, planning responses and studying an issue.
English Year 12 2nd edition + Bonus digital book
English Year 12 2nd edition features:
- Definitions and explanations of all key knowledge, including relevant metalanguage
- Numerous activities, word banks, sentence starters and model paragraphs to build skills progressively
- Strategies and guidelines for writing analytical, creative and comparative text responses
- Examples and annotated sample SAC responses for Area of Study 1, using texts on the 2019 English Text List
- A wide range of media texts on current issues for building confidence and skills in both analysing argument and presenting a point of view
- Guidelines for delivering an effective oral presentation and writing a statement of intention
- Examples and annotated sample SAC responses for Area of Study 2, using recent media texts and issues
- Clear explanations of all assessment tasks and a photocopiable assessment sheet for each SAC
- An exam chapter with revision strategies and tips for success.
English Year 12 2nd edition Bonus Book features:
- Sample responses for single-text analysis, creative responses and comparative analysis, using popular texts on the 2021 text list
- Sample responses for the analysis of argument and persuasive language, and the presentation of a point of view
- Templates to aid with summarising texts, planning responses and studying an issue
- Activities to build confidence with metalanguage and improve writing skills
- Media texts in a range of forms on topical and varied issues.
Argument and Persuasive Language 2nd edition + Bonus digital book
Argument and Persuasive Language 2nd edition features:
- An integrated approach to the analysis of argument and persuasive language
- Clear and accessible explanations of all key knowledge, including metalanguage
- Engaging explanations, activities and practical support, including word banks, sentence starters and model sentences, showing students how to write analytically about argument and persuasive language in a holistic way
- Media texts of all types on a range of engaging and contemporary issues
- Guidelines and models for comparing argument and persuasive language in different media texts on the same issue
- Strategies and guidelines for presenting a point of view and writing a statement of intention
- High-level sample responses with annotations
- An exam practice chapter with sample exam scenarios.
Argument and Persuasive Language 2nd edition Bonus Book features:
- Practice single-text and multiple-text scenarios, with sample student responses
- Sample point-of-view pieces and activities for developing a point of view
- Questions and activities catering to a range of ability levels
- Partly written sample analyses and point-of-view pieces for students to complete
- Advice and models for improving medium-level analyses and point-of-view pieces so that they exhibit the qualities of high-level pieces
- A diverse range of all-new media texts on a variety of issues.
Insight Publications is an independent Australian-owned company with over 45 years of experience publishing English resources for secondary teachers and students. We develop innovative, engaging and evolving English resources to challenge, to inspire and to enrich learning.
In the spirit of reconciliation, Insight Publications acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.