Montana 1948 – Insight Text Guide
Insight Text Guides take students into the deeper layers of meaning in a range of popular novels, plays, films, short-story collections and nonfiction texts. They are designed to develop detailed knowledge, in-depth understanding and genuine insight into each text.
The guides are written by practising English teachers, professional writers, reviewers and academics who are experts in their fields. Each guide presents a clear, comprehensive and accessible analysis.
There are over 150 titles in the Insight Text Guides series and new titles are published every year.
EACH TITLE FEATURES:
- An overview of the text for quick reference, including notes on the author’s life and work, a plot synopsis, a character map and brief character summaries
- Discussion of the historical, cultural and social contexts relevant to the text
- Close analysis of each chapter/scene/story, with chapter questions
- Detailed analysis of characters, themes and ideas
- Discussion of different responses to and interpretations of the text
- Guidelines on successful essay writing
- Essay topics, a sample analysis of a topic and a sample essay on the text.